• The competition “International Kangaroo Science Contest” is organized by the Kangourou Sans Frontières – Pakistan.
• At the very beginning of 21st century, the science teachers and other scientists realized the need to find some very effective way for bringing up the schoolchildren with an aptitude of a research scholar. In 2006 a number of well known researchers and pedagogists from different parts of Europe and America got together in Saint Petersburg to discuss a much needed intelligent and attractive way of developing students’ taste for science. This should also serve as very first concrete step towards research training for all schoolchildren. In this meeting the experts agreed that the most essential and basic character of a researcher is to be explorer and discoverer. Based upon this principle the participants of the Saint Petersburg meeting created the science contest which has different names such as “Explore and discover”, “International Kangaroo Science Contest” and other names in different countries. In 2008 1st such science contest was organized in Brazil, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Romania and Russia. After that a number of other countries from America, Asia and Europe joined the contest.
• The competition consists of only one test, there is no preliminary or semi final tests, but in case students are equal in grades, an additional test will be made to determine the top three positions for each Grade, and also to determine the first winner of the grand prize for each Level.
• The Contest consists of Multiple Choice Questionnaire of twenty four to thirty questions, depending upon the level (grade) of the student.
For each question a choice of five answers is provided. • All questions are worth 4 points.
• There is a penalty of one point for each incorrect answer. If the question is left unanswered, it is worth 0 points. To avoid negative scores .
|Grade||The level of racing in kangaroo||Scope of questions||Number of test questions||Test time in minutes|
|First and second primary||Pre Ecolier Level||Plants, Animals, Human Body, Food, Housing and Clothing, Family and Festivals, Occupations, Good Habits and Safety Rules, Transport and Communication, Air, Water, Patterns, Measuring Units, Geometrical Shapes, Analogy, Living and Non-living Things.||24||90|
|Third and fourth primary||Ecolier Level||Patterns, Geometrical Shapes and Solids, Comparison, Direction Sense Test, Matter and Materials, Our Environment, Days and Dates & Possible Combinations, Analogy and Classification, Plants, Animals, Food, Clothing.||24||90|
|Fifth and sixth primary||Benjamin Level||Animals, Human Body and Health, Plants and Food, Natural Resources, Pollution and Calamities, Earth and Universe, Matter, Force, Work and Energy, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Motion and Measurement of Distances, Light, Electricity, Patterns, Analogy and Classification, Coding-Decoding, Geometrical Shapes, Mirror Images, Embedded Figures, Living Organisms and Their Surroundings, Food and its Components, Fiber and Fabrics, Direction Sense, Comparison, Fun with Magnets, Air and Water, Sorting and Separation of Materials, Changes around us, Thermal Phenomena, Sound.||30||90|
|First and second preparatory||Cadet Level||Combustion, Conservation of Plants and Animals, Cell, Reproduction in Animals, Force and Pressure, Friction, Sound, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, Crop Production and Management, Microorganisms, Synthetic Fibers and Plastics, Metals and Non-metals, Electricity, Some Natural Phenomena, Light, Stars and Solar System, Pollution of Air and Water, Thermal Phenomena, Optics, Electricity andMagnetism, Mechanical Equilibrium of Bodies, Work and Energy, Elementary Knowledge about Mechanics of Fluids, Thermodynamics, Molecules and Atoms.||30||90|
|The third preparatory and the first secondary||Junior Level||(PHYSICS)MECHANICS Kinematics Dynamics Turning Effect of Forces Gravitation Work and Energy Properties of Matter HEAT: Thermal Properties of Matter OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES Sound Geometrical Optics Reflection of light, ELECTRICITY & MAGNETISM Current Electricity Electromagnetism Introductory Electronics ATOMIC AND NUCLEAR PHYSICS (CHEMISTRY)||30||90|
Tests are organized and managed electronically (online).
One thousand pounds prize for first place for each level.
Honorary medals for the first three places ; the first, the second and the third place, for each academic year.
A scientific trip for the first three places and the grand prize winners, in the biggest scientific factories "BEDO"
Excellence e-certificates for all the participants who got 50% and above.
Participation e-certificates for all participants who got less than 50%.
An individual report for each participant to analyze each student participation in the competition.
The e-certificate will be on the student’s private account on the company’s website and the student has the right to download, print or keep it.